Re: Digimon Battle MMO

Postby Splash » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:37 pm

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fox » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:43 pm

I had a Nyaromon in the as first caught but i didn't want it so i deleted it. a short while after I read about this bug....but somehow I could catch Tsunomon but I can't get any other.
Fox
Apprentice Toujinshi
Apprentice Toujinshi

Postby Splash » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:33 pm

was nyaromon the latest one you caught (the last on the list before you discarded)? I think you only get affected if there's a gap in your lineup then (there's a gap on Splash).

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fox » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 am

no nyaromon was the first one after that i caught tsunomon in the same session. I discarted the nyaromon and quit. yesterday i tried more or less the whole evening to get that tokomon.
Fox
Apprentice Toujinshi
Apprentice Toujinshi

Postby Naglfar52 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:37 am

What I don't get is why people are even releasing Digimon at this stage. Or are managing to capture stuff they don't want. >_<

Out of eight capturable Digimon, are there really four you want so badly that you have to release one? I don't know. In any case, I got the ones I wanted. I didn't get a Nyaromon, but I don't know. Maybe I will sometime.
Naglfar52
Part-time Toujinshi
Part-time Toujinshi

Postby Fox » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:56 am

i feel your anger :) but yes people do capture things they don't want because they like to practice and see how it works and how to manipulate the odds to get a better result. it's called training :tai3:
Another thing is that i'm affected by a game wehre you have to lower HP before capturing the monster. Not to forget that it is a beta version where you shoud try anything you get in mind. so there is nothing personal. :satsuma:

btw it is ok that the catching rate is very low (0.1%) otherwise there would be no reason to party.
Fox
Apprentice Toujinshi
Apprentice Toujinshi

Postby Splash » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:44 pm

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Naglfar52 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Not to be nitpicky, but I don't think partying boosts the chances of catching something. And I don't think the catch rate is 0.1% either. What we have are people getting Digimon within twenty tries, and people seemingly unable to get anything at all. The catch rate was reduced, definitely, but I don't think it's as simple as it being a matter of 0.1% right now, be it a glitch or otherwise.

Secondly, I still don't see why you'd catch what you don't want. I mean, training? It's just pressing C and clicking... I would imagine most people would "practice" on what they actually did want. D:

But maybe that's just my thought process.
Naglfar52
Part-time Toujinshi
Part-time Toujinshi

Postby Splash » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:28 pm

The catch rate is definitely different depending on the digi, but a lvl 1 yokomon shouldn't be impossible to get like it is on my Splash character right now. It wasn't just nyaromon I tried getting for several hours with NO results. That's definitely bugged T_T

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fox » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:15 pm

yes it is bugged as soon as you discard a digimon you won't be able to catch another one. i started a new character and i have now a full team. the catch rate must be somthing between 3-5%, because i had an average sucess after 100 battles. training? hmm your right but i didn't know that in the first two hrs that catching is only luck. anyway i didn't mean that partying boosts any chances of catching something. i wanted to refer to the fact that, a low catch rate is necessary because if you have 5 digimons you don't need anymore anybody. You can lvl for yourself very quickly. A low catch would force people working together to level up because nobody would have a full team except somebody spents a lot of time.

that's so far good night..or..day wherever you are.
Fox
Apprentice Toujinshi
Apprentice Toujinshi

Postby Naglfar52 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:44 am

If only the party system were, you know... good. D:
Naglfar52
Part-time Toujinshi
Part-time Toujinshi

Postby Fox » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:02 am

i think they'll do something to make it more attractive but don't ask me what...
Fox
Apprentice Toujinshi
Apprentice Toujinshi

Postby Splash » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:33 pm

LIKE IMPLEMENTING GUILDS WITH SOMETHING COOL FOR GUILDS. ~~

*misses RO* I totally wouldn't mind if it was a complete knockoff of RO in Digimon-style. It would be sweet to play. XD; Of course since I can run a private RO server and I was able to customize all the sprites and such, it's totally possible if I had the time, lawl. XD;

All in all, there's a LOT MORE they could do, but eh I'm trying not to complain too much because I have other stuff I can do. XD I'm a bit ornery on the bugs, especially that capturing bug, but yeahhhh, I'll just work on my other characters in the meantime. >_>;

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Fox » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:57 am

Guilds would be cool. I never played RO so i'm not able to tell what exactly you mean. So far I know it's anyway the first Digimon game i've seen so far. I know there are more but they never came to Europe due to the fact, that Pokemon is far more popular than Digimon. I think there was once a game for the PS1 which was released here. (btw. more or less 75% of all Games from Asia never make it on the market here.)

Of course they could to a lot more, like some party quests or implement some events like in WoW. I think they'll expand the digtal world on the release. Hopefully there'll be some of the evil Digimon to fight. Until then I just keep on training and not try to forget there is still some stupid work to do.... :(
Fox
Apprentice Toujinshi
Apprentice Toujinshi

Postby Splash » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:18 pm

This is a Korean game so it's not made by the Japanese Digimon company at all.
As far as I know, they just get the rights to make the game and use the characters, and the rest is left up to the korean team, and it really just depends on how much work they put into it after that. >_> If they REALLY want to be successful with this, they gotta keep bringing in new things like Gaia Online does... I make that parallel because the likely situation is that this game will stay free-to-play and then they will offer a cash shop for premium items. Gaia kind of brings out TOO many new things lately imo, but I guess it's working for them, because they seem to be doing well. XD

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Naglfar52 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Naglfar52
Part-time Toujinshi
Part-time Toujinshi

Postby Fox » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:02 am

Ok ok you caught me not useing a well-defined term of Europe. From as far as I know at least 23 Game Titles made it 5 to Europe. Now you are right Europe isn't equal Europe. Mostly there is a realase in France or UK. If it's in the UK there will be a translation into German. Is it realased in France it won't be translated unless it is a success there. Don't ask me why but it's (or now was) the way it's done. Of course you can buy the games on the internet. Plus now it get's complicated so I make it very very very easy. There is/was the EC (super correctly since 2009 contract of Lisboa) EU and EFTA. So it depends on which organisation your country is in and which supranational or bilateral tradeing agreements you have (i won't explain much more). Of course the EFTA is now unimportant but Switzerland is still in there so to make it short we don't have the same goods as the EU countrys have and vice versa. Which means if there is a German version it's possible that it will never come to my country. :(
Fox
Apprentice Toujinshi
Apprentice Toujinshi

Postby Splash » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Lol FlyingFox you need to stay on IRC if you want me to reply xDDD Splash's digis are about lvl 18 and Someoka's at 31 (just got ultimate)

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Quartz » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Now, I don't mean to be rude here, but-- considering how small the countries in Europe are, even if it doesn't come out in Switzerland, couldn't you just drive to Germany- after all, you do border, right?- and grab a copy?
Quartz
Apprentice Toujinshi
Apprentice Toujinshi

Postby Fox » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:05 am

Fox
Apprentice Toujinshi
Apprentice Toujinshi

PreviousNext

Return to Digimon