Thanks for #45

For anything Legendz-related

Thanks for #45

Postby Phenic » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:20 am

Gnabbin it now, thanks again guys. Aside, splash, i love the avatar you used when you posted this one, and as this is my first post here, also love the smilies choices here. thinking of making a wall of Kogetas! (but that might qualify as spam and it would be pretty lame of me to get banned after my first post) But you know, gotta throw in one, cause hes awsome... you know...
:kogentayay:

aside, just realized where getting pretty close to the end here =(
Anyone know if Ryuu-Rouge is thinking about bunching all of the eps they did together in a batch file, or if there planning to do their own subs for the first 6?
Phenic
Beginning Toujinshi
Beginning Toujinshi

Re: Thanks for #45

Postby nezucho » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:32 am

you're welcome~ we'll be doing our on subs of 1-6. we'll make a batch torrent eventually, maybe after everything is redone using dvd raws.
nezucho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Phenic » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:28 am

Bet thats not gonna be a fun task. I've not played a ton with virtual dub (only for making WoW vids) and even less with sub station alpha but i imagine it won't be as easy as using the old SSA scripts when reencoding the dvd format for the first, what, 30 or so? Also one day i gotta figure out how you guys do it, a wow vid takes me well over an hour to encode 5 mins of footage at 20 fps and files usualy end up near 200 megs, you some how manage to have more frames, tons more time, and better quality to boot in about the same amount of size.
Phenic
Beginning Toujinshi
Beginning Toujinshi

Postby Splash » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:48 pm

vdub is really outdated since development on it stopped ages ago... ^^;
Avisynth (AVS) is the way to go.
and also depends on the video codec you're using if you've read our faqs. h264 ftw.

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nezucho » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:00 pm

actually the latest stable release of virtualdub was 10/18/09. it's just that fansubbers don't like to use it anymore and opt for stuff like megui instead.
nezucho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Splash » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:48 pm

oh someone picked it back up then?
Yeah, considering everything megui already offers, I only use vdub to clip avis for things occasionally and that's it now.

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Naglfar52 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:43 pm

Your technical jargon makes a nagl confuse.
Naglfar52
Part-time Toujinshi
Part-time Toujinshi

Postby Phenic » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:07 am

i'm not too tech savvy, had to teach myself what i did in virtual dub, but it looks like i'll have to learn something else ;..;

does avisyth let you have all the fun with the filters? i know its not as easy as using, say, windows movie maker for the effects but WMM is so cheesy and you have so little control. Curve editors make me happy. Never heard of the codec before, i'm gonna go look it up.

edit: so h264 is a quick time thing? see, i'm so far behind i ddin't think you could use its codecs for doing anything yourself, its encoding system is usually self contained.. but then again i'm behind the times.
Phenic
Beginning Toujinshi
Beginning Toujinshi

Postby Splash » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:04 am

err avisynth is pretty much the most advanced you can get with filters with video editing these days. Hell it's the raw scripting of it. megui has some kind of avisynth builder you can use but it's pretty limited, and I think there are other programs that do something similar, but most of the avisynth I've used I just build from notepad. I'm pretty limited with that still since scripting drives me nuts sometimes and I'm not a computer programmer of any sort.

this is getting far off topic rofl, this needs a new topic D8; *close* Feel free to make another in the appropriate forum

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Legendz