Episode 01 impressions

Episode 01 impressions

Postby Splash » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:22 am

So it's out :O
Gummy bear Shoutmon.
I do really hope Zenjirou stops saying the whole freaking name later down the line.
Lilithmon's boobs.
I do also look forward to random Digimon collosal BATTOL fun, if anything. Just hope there's more brainpower involved than random spastic showcase animation.

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Episode 01 impressions

Postby Naglfar52 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Well, I had the audacity to try watching the raw of something for the first time in my life, and was able to understand at least half of it and definitely all the major points. A nice surprise there.

Another surprise is, it's even less like Digimon than I thought it would be. WHEEGATTAIGATTAI, "Crossroaders" instead of digivices, etc.

Taiki's "hottokenai!" looks like it'll become a catchphrase. It's even in the "watch the next episode" slogan. The mild rock motif was amusing, evolution looks like it won't be having much of a presence in this series, and Zenjirou definitely won't let us forget Taiki's surname.

The Lancer makes an appearance and he's all smug and stuff. Xros Wars won't be shying away from the (nearly) ever-present Red Oni Blue Oni trope, then. I would guess that this batch of Chosen Children won't have much of a team demographic, at least until later on. Think Tamers. We see The Chick too, hopefully she won't suck as hard as Yoshino did.

I'll be waiting for the next episode, then. I think I might backtrack and watch some subs when they're released, but most likely only for episodes that confuse me. And probably the first few, so I understand the setting as well as possible. And learn the lyrics to the OP properly. :D
Naglfar52
Part-time Toujinshi
Part-time Toujinshi

Postby cyber_cody » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Digimon is back and I couldn't be happier.

Not sure what I think about Taiki. Liking Zenjirou though. The girl is...there. Is it that hard to have an interesting female character in a shounen series? I'll try to give here a chance.

Loving all the different digimon. That's what I like to see--lots and lots of digimon. The fight with crazy but I liked it. A rookie digimon fighting with a sword is cool to look at. The others, we'll see.

Surprised they showed the mystery kids already but that's cool. We all know they'll eventually join the others so lets cut the crap and get on with it, kudos Xros creators.

Nice cameo of the evil main digimon. I'm getting Dark Masters vibes and that's a good thing.

Overall, great start. Easily, the best first episode of any digimon season. Welcome back Digital Monsters!
cyber_cody
Full-time Toujinshi
Full-time Toujinshi

Postby Naglfar52 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:37 am

Last edited by Naglfar52 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naglfar52
Part-time Toujinshi
Part-time Toujinshi

Postby cyber_cody » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:41 am

^ *applause* Great summary.

Yeah, the episode was fast but I like it like that. WE know about the Digital World (or at least some versions of it) and we know the Digiworld can screw up the human world--get it out the way and move on. That's what I like most about the episode, the fast pace to get to the "new" stuff. It's like they started the series at the beginning of the Dark Masters Arc in the first season.

Don't agree with the Zenjirou hate--yet. He seem more relaxed than Taiki so gets points in my book. I'm surprised I don't hate Shoutmon. Thought he'd be annoying but he's strong as hell for a rookie. If he's not hyper 24/7 he'll be my favorite main character rookie.
cyber_cody
Full-time Toujinshi
Full-time Toujinshi

Postby Naglfar52 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:35 am

I didn't really like TSURUGI ZENJIROU because he's loud and pushy, addresses Taiki awkwardly, and is the ineffectual would-be rival who is always ignored. That says to me "annoying comic relief character". However, the opening implies that he may spend less time talking and more time doing a bit later on. I hope so, it's not like I enjoy hating characters. TSURUGI ZENJIROU will have to earn my respect in any case, and I think he has a chance.

Shoutmon is way cooler than I could ever have expected. His attitude reminds me of V-mon, if I must make a comparison. "Rookie" is debatable, as he obviously would be classified as such normally, but something tells me evolutionary stages don't exist in this universe. I'm thinking we'll just get progressively stronger Digi Crosses (Xrosses?) instead.

What do you think about the Digi Cross concept, anyway? First I thought "Digi Cross = Jogress", then I thought "Digi Cross > Jogress". I'm definitely torn on the spelling, though. Maybe I should just call it Digi Gattai?

...I edit my posts so much. Even if it only makes the post a tiny bit cleaner, I do it. Look, I just edited by big summary post right now, if you can find the edit you win a cookie.
Naglfar52
Part-time Toujinshi
Part-time Toujinshi

Postby Naglfar52 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:11 am

Pls to pardon double post.

Subs are up on YouTube. MADAOmon's OP karaoke person needs to learn how to read Japanese. And some better English grammar.

Why does nobody upload RyRo's subs? Do I have to do it myself? >:|

I just might. If RyRo's OP karaoke person is competent~
Naglfar52
Part-time Toujinshi
Part-time Toujinshi

Postby Splash » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:05 am

I was going to do the effects for the op, but several people came up to me and asked if they could do it so I let them and then asked if I could use the simpler effect XD I'd just finished spending a lot of time for Inazuma Eleven Op5/Ed5 karaoke, so I was glad to let someone else take the headache off me.

And some of the research on the spelling of your terms are a bit off, Naglfar. /meh RyRo subs, I do recommend checking into them.

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Naglfar52 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:36 pm

Naglfar52
Part-time Toujinshi
Part-time Toujinshi

Postby cyber_cody » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:40 am

cyber_cody
Full-time Toujinshi
Full-time Toujinshi

Postby Splash » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:25 pm

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Naglfar52 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:10 am

Mm, I tend to miss things like that. Forgive me. >_>

Though you suggest CCCP and Media Player Classic. Both of which I tried on my own, and neither worked... perhaps I have to use VobSub. I've downloaded it now but I have no idea how to make it work. I doubt that's the problem though because I'm not having trouble seeing subs, my display driver collapses when it tries to play the video.
Naglfar52
Part-time Toujinshi
Part-time Toujinshi

Postby Splash » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:02 am

What kind of display driver are you using? Is it updated? owo; Even most single core processors with half a gig of ram should be able to handle the mkvs, unless their graphics card is worth 5 cents of dirt shit, in which case they should get a new computer. XD

It might also possibly work to uninstall all of the playback components, restart the computer and then install only the necessary stuff. CCCP should include it all, although some people go with the option of using coreAVC instead of ffdshow (CCCP) if they're still experiencing lag with h264 playback. Also, ffdshow is constantly making revisions that aren't included in the original CCCP package (which usually shouldn't make a difference, but you never know). Either way I've been fine on CCCP and mpc on my lowest-end computer.

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Quartz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:10 am

I use this one from China called Baofeng (暴风)a lot; not sure if it has a English name. But it can pretty much play anything ever as long as it has a live internet connection. Just mah 2 cents~
Quartz
Apprentice Toujinshi
Apprentice Toujinshi

Postby Baby Naruto » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:55 pm

This was the first and only Digimon Series I have ever watched subbed, and I must say, the show is not that bad as I originally made it out to be.

I'll probably re-watch it dubbed if it ever gets one.
Last edited by Baby Naruto on Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

|
Baby Naruto
Beginning Toujinshi
Beginning Toujinshi

Postby garfield15 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:12 pm

garfield15
Apprentice Toujinshi
Apprentice Toujinshi

Return to Digimon Xros Wars