Lonely forums :c

Help or suggestions for the forum! Issues about technical difficulties with the forums go in here as well.

Lonely forums :c

Postby Toraie » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:07 pm

As the new forums begin, Kimi to Nara Mk. V (as that is the incarnation on which I believe we are), I notice a strange desolation...an emptiness. The forum our members knew has not returned to its smaller-than-most glory. Does this mean that the group itself, the diehard, tryharder fans of the fruit of Japan called Onmyou Taisenki, has petered out? Has our close-knit band unraveled?

Never.

Never, I say, and never shall I always say. From the first when I joined, coming down in a fury of dust, rubble and lack of funds, to the latest, dwindled to a mere 7 members, we have begun forums and ended them together. Our members are only the biggest fans, and we are proud. After this many failed attempts at creating a larger and more lively community, we have learned to be happy with the members we have, and exceedingly happy we are. These members are more dedicated than any larger forums, and we have something else that they don't: Friendship.

The many projects we embark on, whether we finish them or not, are reminiscent of the large community forums, but there is that special something that ties it all together. Everybody participates in them, and while everybody isn't a lot, it's important. It is not often that a community, much less an entire fanbase, collaborates on everything, and we have achieved this. Forgive my sentimentality, but as a group, we are singular. Even if the forums fall, we will stand together. Of course, it is not our hope that the forums fall. We will prevent this however we can, be it keeping it as lively as it was the last time with only 3 to 4 regularly active members or taking administrative responsibility in the most dire of cases.

I've grown rather fond of smaller communities thanks to this, because it lets each personality shine instead of being tarnished in a flood of being. We will go on loving this anime in the various ways we do, as individual as the person, and KTN will survive!

tl;dr I luv u guys
Toraie
Beginning Toujinshi
Beginning Toujinshi

Re: Lonely forums :c

Postby Naglfar52 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:28 pm

*clapclap* Come here and let me love you. :3
Naglfar52
Part-time Toujinshi
Part-time Toujinshi

Postby Splash » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Whoaaaa. ToT
I love you too!!! ILU~~

I know ice is still around since we watch each other on devart XD I kind of feel horrible because these forums have had such horrible luck in the past with SQL databases never properly converting into the updates. So at this point, I'm just going to be extra extra careful when it comes to updating the forums. Fortunately, at this point with PHPBB3, I think they aren't even putting updates out as often... at least it's what I'd like to think.

Also for some reason, I get problems updating the forums with dreamhost, as in it'll reset everything after an update, so I'm wondering if I'll have to dump their system and update myself manually. Or if I should even bother with certain forum upgrades at all. We'll see. Mrrrgh technology +w+

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Toraie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:06 pm

Where's my Quick Reply D8 I like that thing.
Do you have the cache of KTN Mk IV like you did for Mk III? That was a pretty bustling place for a while; we got some good stuff up.

And yeah, I wrote that on a whim because I missed u gaiz. I had typed it out before, but thinking it through took so long that when I clicked to submit it, I had logged out and had to retype the entire thing! Needless to say, I was only half as inspired.

KTN's still together on MSN; 's why I asked you to join us a while back. You said you had MSN for business, I recall? And I don't have a DA, but my days of pestering you over email are over, I assure you.
Toraie
Beginning Toujinshi
Beginning Toujinshi

Postby Splash » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:12 pm

Yeah, I only use my MSN for fansubbing contacts these days. When it comes random instant chatting, that usually happens on Ryuu-Rogue's chan on IRC. A lot of my close friends are on it ^^;

Are you talking about http://kimitonara.pmsinfirm.org/forums.old2/ ?
Technically, it's there, but SQL ate it and none of it's accessible... x_X; That's why I was asking around to see if anyone knew enough about SQL to fix it, but no one answered. That's how it died.

| |
Splash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AsanoHa » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:29 pm

Oh no!!! I'll never get my timeline back?!?!?!?!?!?!? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
AsanoHa
Beginning Toujinshi
Beginning Toujinshi

Postby Toraie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:32 pm

I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE SAVED THAT THING

I tried my best with Google Caches, but there seems to be nothing. :C

[EDIT] YOU ARE SO LUCKY <3333 see . Also, I'm glad to see you back.
Toraie
Beginning Toujinshi
Beginning Toujinshi

Postby AsanoHa » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:20 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!

I'm off to finish my job as historian!!!!

You are the BEST!!!
AsanoHa
Beginning Toujinshi
Beginning Toujinshi

Return to Support Center